Monday, July 11, 2011

Poetry Schmoetry Blogfest



Today I am participating in a blogfest hosted by the wonderful Shelly Brown. Participants are to share their very own poetry. Since I haven't written any poetry worth sharing for a long, long time (read: never), I decided to write a meta-limerick about the blogfest. Enjoy!




Through countless fest entries we trudge

Poems tempt our emotions to budge

Are you first-place wishing

Or just comment fishing?

Of this Shelly Brown will be judge.


Looking forward to reading some great poetry... and if you haven't entered yet, there's still time! Check out Shelly's blog here.






28 comments:

  1. I'm laughing so hard--and I'm questioning my motivations for agreeing to participate. You should be paid for your skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good question. It's just fun to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment fishing. That's funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. Check out my "I'm trying to be like Kim Blog" It's http://mytimewriting.blogspot.com/

    Love your guts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haaa, comment fishing. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAHA! OMG this is sheer comic genius. LOVE LOVE LOVE. You are my (s)hero. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is blogging if not one huge cry for attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fun poem to read, I like how you included the blogfest, comments, first place, and Shelly.

    http://summersvoice.blogspot.com/2011/07/poetry-schmoetry-blogfest-entry_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is awesome. How very true and very pertinent to our situation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha ha, nice work!
    a little brown nosing never hurts =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unabashedly comment-fishing. How did you know? Haha. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! Kim, you're too funny! Thanks for all the support over the years...errr....months ;D You're great!
    And anyone else reading this FOLLOW this chick! She's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gotta love a good limerick. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny! Loved "comment fishing." Hmm. . . I think I'm in it for the possibility of both.
    Good poem!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehe, awesome entry! I can't write limericks to save the life of me - well done. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahahaha! What a great poem! I bet we're all questioning our motives now! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha ha ha! Nothing like a good limerick.

    ReplyDelete