Saturday, June 11, 2011

CRAZY ABCs

My kids and I have been listening to Snack Time by the Bare Naked Ladies. On the album, they have an ABC song that was so original and refreshing I just have to share it here. It's a non-phonetic alphabet song, which, in a way, is kind of useless, but also kind of entertaining.

A is for Aisle
B is for Bdellium
C is for Czar, and if you see him would you mind telling him?
D is for Djinn
E is for Euphrates
F is for Fohn, but not like when I call the Ladies
G for Gnalry
I for Irk
H is for Hour
J for Jalapeno, good in either corn or flour... tortillas.
K is for Knickknack
L is for Llama
M is for Mneumonic
N is for Ngomo
O is for Ouija Board
P is for Pneumonia, Pterodactyl, and Psychosis
Q is for Qat
R is for Argyle
S is for Saar, a lovely German river
T is for Tsunami, a wave that makes me quiver
U is for Urn, and not like earning money
V is for Vraisemblance, from French and therefore funny
W is for Wren, Wrinkly and Who
X is for Xi'an, an ancient Chinese city, ture
Y is for Yperite, a very nasty gas
Z is the final letter, and by final I mean last




No comments:

Post a Comment